Hair Extensions are a wonderful way to give yourself a new look for summer - many of our clients enjoy the fun & luxurious feel of longer hair - whether you want to look gorgeous for a summer wedding, party or just for fun - we can help. Call to schedule a complimentary consultation with Echo, our extension specialist, she can answer all of your questions and help you find the perfect color and length of hair to fit your needs.
If you are currently wearing extensions - we have some helpful advice on how to care for them properly please see below - feel free to call or email us with any questions you might have about extensions or any hair replacement options.
Clients Maintenance and
Home Care Program
Please read each of the following statements, sections carefully.
It is emphasized that you take special care of the added hair. Hair extensions properly applied and cared for are a beautiful and exciting way to have longer, thicker hair or even add color to the hair. If you follow the steps listed here, we guarantee your experience will be rewarding. Remember… it is in our best interest to have your extensions always looking and feeling their best…and of course, you too want you’re extensions to be fabulous.
1. NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR!!!! (if you do, tangles WILL occur and it may be difficult at times, to untangle them once they become dry overnight. Dry your hair as much as possible and then put your hair into one big loose braid.
2. Prevention of tangles is the single most important aspect of hair extension. Use “only” hair products recommended by your stylist. When shampooing, DO NOT scrub your hair excessively. Massage your scalp and gently work the shampoo to the ends. Flood rinse thoroughly. Apply conditioner from mid-shaft down (avoid getting conditioner on root area and bonds), use conditioner according to the company’s instruction. Brush gently from the scalp to the ends. Use a loop brush when hair is wet and a So.Cap bristle brush when dry. DO NOT use any oil based products. If you do, we CANNOT GUARANTEE that the extension will not come out. DO NOT shampoo for 2 days after your extensions have been applied. You may rinse your hair and use a spray leave-in conditioner (only one recommended by your stylist.) You should NOT shampoo your hair with your head face down. Always tilt your head back and foam hair from the top to the bottom. NEVER dry with a scrubbing action, wrap with a towel to absorb the water.
3. Clients should NEVER: COLOR, PERM, and OR USE ANY OTHER TYPES OF CHEMICALS WITHOUT CONSULTING THEIR STYLISTS FIRST.
4. Some bonds may get a little tangled if you do not brush your hair on a regular basis therefore, the natural fall-out of your own hair may cause a little tangle between bonds. If this should occur, DO NOT hesitate to contact your stylist IMMEDIATELY!!! Please…DO NOT try to correct any problems on your own. Contact your stylist. Your stylist is the only person that can be allowed to correct any problems that may arise.
5. Just like your own natural hair, you should take into advice not to allow chlorine water from swimming pools or Jacuzzis stay in the hair extensions. Rinse thoroughly and use clarifying shampoo and acid balanced conditioner. Then let it set on hair for 3 minutes, rinse hair with warm water. (NOT HOT WATER)
6. Always remember…Even if you do not wash your hair, RINSE THOROUGHLY, and then lightly towel dry and then use leave in conditioner. This will help neutralize any impurities that may be in the water that would be left behind on the hair. Following these guidelines will help increase the longevity of your hair extensions.
7. It is normal to lose a few extensions per month. If this does occur within a specified time frame, DO NOT PANIC!!! Return to your stylist and have them replaced. (It is very similar to having touch ups done on a regular basis.)
8. NEVER use any over the counter products; such as the purchase at any drug store, cosmetic store, and beauty supply store, etc… unless otherwise recommended by your stylist.
9. Please remember…the abuse or misuse of the styling tools such as: combs, brushes, blow-dryers, hot irons, hot rollers, as well as over the counter hair care products (including the products recommended by the stylist) may or can result in damaging your extensions.
10.Following these guidelines, you will be able to keep your extensions looking and feeling the best way possible.